Saturday 2 July 2011

Notes on Proposal Writing - Chat with Tom Simmons

Tom Chat:

Consider:

3 separate pieces of work rahter than trying to tie them all in together as one.

Very seperate films with many different themes
Could just do one of the films
What I was thinking about last year - reconsider this idea of abstract self portraiture, what I am doing is more than that.
Portraiture says - static reproductions of images, not much to it
very much about mark making
performance art
Exploration - development of old proposal brought up to date
Voyeuristic?
Exposure?
Subjectivity - Expression
WHY installation?
Why Sheet on show as well as film? - (a thing mentioned several times!)

Sheet and glue on show - as a display of progress or as an installation? is it really necessary? - Careful they do not devalue the films!

Needs to work as an installation

Make sure I explain WHY I am making these decisions and why they are there etc...

My justification is - I want something tactile, to connect the viewer with the film.  Very much about me (put this in later post?)

animation/film/object

scale/surface

discover themes and focus as I go through the the masters project itself.

Critical Reflection

Discussing and presenting my work as I go


No comments:

Post a Comment