Thursday 7 July 2011

Notes on First Draft of Proposal - Chat with Shaun

Mona Hatoum

Performative pieces

Visceral
Tactile
What am I trying to say about the body?
Skin is difficult to tell what it is?

Brain - breathe

Hints statements - actions pharensics - how was it made? What was the event?

exploration of my own body, laying it out bare

helen chadwick

Autobiographical, mapping my body

Presents a series of possibilities

Brains, mark making, similar - where am I in the work, where is my 'stamp' on it.

Themes with in the body


Sheets - weight
skeletal growth
Beauty/weight
obsession - todays culture (jenny saville)
Skin - length of film as a result of how fat an individual could be

brains mark making similar to sheets growth

maybe

obsession? why me? my own obsession with my weight and mind / thought process

No comments:

Post a Comment