Monday 1 August 2011

Testing 16mm film

Testing 16mm.

Here is the projector that I use to test 16mm film:




I tried different methods of attaching the glue to the film and tested it using a 16mm projector in film.  As I only would have one chance to get this right, I need to make sure that method of attaching the film would be the most stable and provide the best images.



I tried several different ways of attaching the film using:

Sticky back tape
Clear nail varnish
Selotape

I tried a combination of all three ways off attaching, for example, I would stick the glue to the film using sticky back tape and then seal the glue on top using nail varnish, selotape, and both.  I also tested applying the film different ways round, rough side up and down.  Not all methods can be seen in the footage below as some of the film didn't make it through the projector as it was either too fat or sticky!








Though these films are not very clear as I am just using a little compact camera to record tests, using just selotape to attach the glue to the film proved to be the best method.

No comments:

Post a Comment